The GAIA 3 has evolved into work of art and is now the most technically advanced mouthpiece Theo has ever made. And not just because of the Shark Gill™ baffle—the entire design is filled with proprietary design elements.
It takes the huge and free sound the GAIA 1 or 2 mouthpiece have become famous for to a whole new level. It has greatly increased projection, flexibility and freedom of expression. The GAIA 3 lends itself well to a traditional Jazz taste, but due to its amazing flexibility, it is at home in any style of playing. It comes in 24K gold plate or a unique thin-body premium hard rubber, which has mazing vibratory qualities. This is the hard rod rubber version.
The GAIA 3 has a medium roll-over Shark Gill™ baffle, precision-sculpted inner sidewalls, and the True-Large-Chamber, which is similar to the vintage mouthpieces of the 1940s, but more evolved in design.
Crafted to the highest accuracy in the history of saxophone mouthpieces. Designed by Theo Wanne, expert on the design and manufacturing of vintage and new mouthpieces.
- Built to outplay Theo’s very best Vintage Florida Otto Link. Theo succeeded!!!
- Inspired by the genius of Dexter Gordon.
- Full, rich, and fat traditional sound with a big projection and plenty of edge.
- Includes our True Large Chamber! Rounded inner side walls all the way to the tip. Perfectly sculpted roll-over baffle.
- Crafted to the highest accuracy in the history of saxophone mouthpieces.
- Designed by Theo Wanne, the foremost expert on the design and manufacturing of vintage and new mouthpieces.
- Case: Leatherette
- Serial Number: Includes serial number
- Plating: Reticulated 24K Gold plating with highlights on globe logo on metal mouthpiece.
- Premium Hard Rubber: The Hard Rubber GAIA 3 uses the finest vintage style hard rubber on the planet!
- Ligature: The metal GAIA 3 includes our integrated two-point contact 24K Gold Plated Liberty Ligature and Alive Gold pressure plate. The Hard Rubber GAIA 3 includes the Enlighted Ligature, rated #1 ligature in the world. To truly individualize your sound, try our premium Pressure Plates, which fit all of our mouthpieces and ligatures!.
- Cap: Patented Reed Replacer Cap
- Bite Pad: User Replaceable Bite Pads allow you to peel and stick on new bite pads
- 6* = 0.095
- 7* = 0.105
- 8 = 0.110